Monday, May 11, 2009

EPIC - a good "green" time was had.

Thanks to all of you who dropped by my booth at Epic and for all your lovely comments. (See more info on EPIC in the post below). The necklace shown above consists of a pair of vintage rhinestone clip-on earrings wired with a vintage rhinestone bow brooch to make one gorgeous cluster. Strung on grey glass faux pearls - many people thought they were the real thing. I'm glad I got a photo of this one because it was brand new and sold to a very nice lady that day.
For me, the highlight was the eco fashion show put on by Fashion High. It was fantastic to see so many talented, hip, fresh designers all choosing to use eco-friendly fabrics as their main medium.
Here's some pixs of my booth set up. On the bottom right are the new blingy key collection. It's my riff on those ridiculously expensive, jewel-encrusted Tiffany's keys that you see advertised everywhere.

Beside my booth were the lovely Basil and Blake from Inkspoon. I was impressed to learn that all of their garments are sewn and printed in Canada - the Kootenays to be exact.

And check out Granville Magazine online - they chose me as one of the top local designers to check out at the show!

No comments: