Thursday, August 12, 2010

Farmer's Market on Wednesdays


When I'm not in the studio making jewelry, you can find me at the Farmer's Market on Wednesdays volunteering at the Klipper's Organic Acres stall.

This has been a new thing I just started this summer, and it's been a blast. I'm a bit of an organic aficionado & foodie in general. I love being around farm fresh produce, talking about food, trading recipes, learning new uses for veggies, and lately have a special interest in food preservation. I recently just started freezing fresh vegetables for use in the winter - it's a learning curve (I got "icy vegetables" the first time).

So here's some photos of my other great love besides jewelry... taken with my iPhone (before I lost it - booooo!). Enjoy, and if you're in Vancouver, come on down to the market on Wednesday's and say hi!


This is Anna-Marie, one of the owner's of the farm. She is amazing - laid back, strong as an ox, beautiful, a fountain of knowledge about organic produce - and she takes no shit from anyone. I want to be like her when I grown up (and she has FOUR kids!).

No comments: