Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gracie's gone!


Yes! And her new people are really nice! A couple came to see her and they liked her right away. Luckily Gracie "took" to them too - she turned on the charm and was all purrs & head butts.

They had an older cat that she had to put down recently too. And they were used to having a timid cat - which is great. I do miss her a bit, she really is a very sweet little girl, and she was totally coming out of her shell & hanging out on the couch with me. Sigh.

But now I've got a new fuzzy buddy - ladies and gentlemen - meet Theo!


He arrived with the name Chocolate Pudding. I know, riiiiiight? Of course I immediate started calling him Chocolate Thunder, which has since been amended to "Theo". I was also calling him Charleston for a while, but Theo is more fun to say.

He's a handsome fella with very pretty markings and bright blue eyes. He's a little freaked out right now, he only go here on Tuesday night, so I'm sure it will take some time. I had him confined to the bathroom overnight (thank goodness there's 2 bathrooms in the condo!), and once Gracie was gone the next day I let him out to start to sniff around. But he got a little weirded out, and prefers to hang in the bathtub. There's a cozy blanket in there from his past home, so it must be comforting.

He's a total snuggler though! We've had some good cuddle sessions. He takes his snuggling very seriously - full on aggressive head butts and pushing his face over my hands, along with a super loud purr and totally curling into a ball on my lap. Nicely done Theo - totally charming.

Here's a little bit about his breed:
The Balinese is a breed of oriental cat with long hair and Siamese-style markings, or points. They resemble a Siamese with a medium-length silky coat and a plumed tail, but not nearly as fluffy as a Himalayan , and they require much less grooming. Balinese are extremely intelligent cats, although less talkative than their Siamese ancestors.

No comments: