Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Year, new changes...


I had to move out of my old studio rather unexpectedly and quickly this January. Yikes - 6 years worth of stuff to move! But I was very lucky indeed and found a new studio within two days of my eviction notice. Thank goodness.

I was also very lucky to have the very talented photographer Martin Gisborne take some shots of me and my old studio right before I had to move. Thank you Martin.


The new studio does not quite feel like home yet, but it's coming along. It's in a great building, 1000 Parker Street, which is a huge old rabbits warren of a building - 4 floors of artists studios, and part of the famous East Side Culture Crawl. It will be a thrill to be a part of that event this year!


In my old studio I worked alone. All the time. Part of the fun of moving into this new space is that I am sharing with 4 other creative type people. In a big old building filled with creative type people. It will be fun being around that different energy, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new creations come from the new energy and new studio...

No comments: