Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So I ran with panties on my head the other morning...

Yeah. That's what I said. Panties.

As you may already know, I've signed up to run 1/2 Marathon this May 2nd. So I have to train at least 3 times a week and go for a 30 minute run each time. I'm up to 5km now!

Anyway. The other morning was really chilly, but I HAD to go for a run. I had to get it out of the way, as I was having guests over for dinner later that evening. But it was the first time I had to run when it was quite cold. And for the life of me I could NOT find my ear warmers! Yes, ear warmers. You know, that headband-like thingy that goes round your head and covers your ears.

You may call me a wimp, that is fine. But when my ears get cold, they ACHE. I mean, like an ice-cream headache in my ear-holes. Not. fun.

I was desperate! I rummaged around for anything . . . Fabric...? I thought of cutting some socks open...? What...? Then I opened a drawer and spotted the panties. Brand new, never worn, bought on a whim last September and - too small for my ass. Damn cute - navy blue with white stars and white trim. Handmade even, by Vancouver's own Devil May Wear.

I quickly wrapped them around my head, over my ears, and wound the rest around my ponytail. I hesitated. Would people point and laugh? Would I forever humiliate myself? Does it look like I'm wearing panties on my head???!!!

Topped off with my Team In Training cap, it didn't look too bad... did it? You tell me!


And, yes, I'm still fundraising. Don't forget about the big PRIZES if you donate!

No comments: